It is hard to go past the perfect combination of chocolate, coconut and mint, make this divine and all natural, refreshing & delicious lip balm, perfect for both the cool winter months and warm summer months.
There are many versions of homemade lip balms out there, but this particular one only takes a few ingredients and you will be amazed how it easy it is to make. Moisturising, tasty & all natural you really can’t go wrong, they also make perfect simple gifts.
For your containers you can use tubes or pots, have a look on etsy.com for cute tins and containers. You can even reuse tins like Altoid’s Minis, I have up cycled some craft containers, that had glitter in them, after my 4 year happily tipped the glitter all over the floor 🙂
Make sure you are clean equipment and your hands are also nice and clean, to avoid any nasties.
What You Need
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of bees wax
- 1 teaspoon cocoa butter
- 4 semi sweet chocolate chips or 1/3 teaspoon of cocoa powder
- 3 drops of Vitamin E oil
- 2 drops of pure peppermint extract
- Gently melt the coconut oil, bees wax, cocoa butter & chocolate chips or cocoa powder in a double boiler (if you don’t have a double boiler, just use small pot of boiling water with another small boil placed over the water)
- Remove from heat and add the vitamin E and peppermint extract
- Pour into containers, let cool and then enjoy!
The lip balm will keep for up to 8 weeks, but you should store in a cool place to avoid melting.