Honey has the ability to absorb impurities from the skin. It is antibacterial and full of antioxidants, the antioxidant properties help protect your skin from the damaging ultraviolet sunlight. It also moisturizes, soothes, and lightens your skin.
Lemon is used in many beauty products because of its exfoliating and brightening properties. A natural source of vitamin C, lemon is great for uneven skin tone, acne, sun spots, age spots and blackheads.
Using this natural homemade facial mask will help treat and prevent acne, and slow down aging. Now you can go out with a supple and silky soft face!
I actually use this recipe all the time, but the selfies weren’t coming out very beautiful 🙂 so I choose not to include them in the post!
What you need
- ½ lemon (preferably organic)
- 2 tablespoons natural honey
- Mixing bowl
- Squeeze the lemon into a mixing bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey and mix them using a spoon.
- Before applying the mask to your clean face, it is best to steam your face first to open the pores.
- While lying down, carefully apply the honey and lemon mask evenly to your entire face, except the eye area. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes before washing your face with warm water.
- To close your pores, rinse off with one splash of cold water.
- Pat your face with a dry towel, and enjoy your brighter smoother face!
Note: Since the mask is sticky and messy, it is recommended to have your hair pulled back to prevent the mixture from sticking onto your hair and clothes.Also have a towel under your head and neck.