It is spring her in Australia at the moment and my garden is going crazy, so I am always looking for creative ideas to use all the flowers & herbs. I have a heap of rosemary and sage, so I thought I would try a “no-poo” hair rinse, personally I love this version that I have created. I would love for you to try it and let me know your version or how soft and silky it left your hair. Feel free to experiment with different quantities to find what suits your hair type the best.
I normally just wash my hair with a simple castile soap and this makes a great rinse for use after washing. Apple cider vinegar combined with the sage and rosemary can help to darken hair, so probably not a great recipe for blondes. The lemon juice will help to balance pH and I add rose essential oil, because I love the smell, but it is optional.
What You Need
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoon of fresh chopped rosemary
- 2 table spoon fresh chopped sage
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 6-8 drops rose essential oil (optional)
- Boil the water in a medium sized pot
- Add the rosemary and sage and cover and then let it steep for around or 20 – 30 minutes.
- Strain of the rosemary and sage.
- Add the lemon juice, vinegar and essential oil
After washing simply our over your hair, leave for 5 minutes and the rinse throughly.
Tip: have your bottle running under the warm water to warm the rinse, personally pouring the cold rinse over my head is a little too much of a shock to my system!